Thanks to all who entered our Spread the Love mini-contest! Next month will see our biggest contest yet, so if you haven't already, sign up to get a notification by email to the right of this post. (We promise not to sell your addy to anyone!) Without further ado, I'm pleased to announce the winners:
Congratulations, ladies! You can send your first five double-spaced pages when you are ready: BethanySuzette@gmail.com.
I promised answers to your questions about us, and first I'd like address the oft asked, "Are you really sisters?" YES! We are truly sisters. I'm on the left, Bethany is in the middle, and our sister Tiffiny is on the right. I'm older than Bethany by almost four years exactly. (Tiffiny doesn't write - but she's one heck of a good beta reader!) OH! A little insight on the photo, these were our Easter dresses. We were living in Denver at the time, and the first time we wore them, we found a giant mud puddle in the gutter which we SAT IN! Our mom had to wash them repeatedly to get the stains out, but the backside of my dress never fully recovered. Whenever I think about my childhood, I think of red and white flower-print. :)
Here are some of the blog-award answers, and I'll be posting more in the weeks to come:
Share ten unusual or unexpected things about yourself. (Bethany)
- I failed ninth grade English. (If my teacher could only see me now!)
- I was falsely accused of cheating in eleventh grade English. I was too shy to stand up for myself. (Thanks, Emily B. for being the real cheater.)
- I can do the splits with my right leg forward, but not my left leg... yet.
- I ate a moth once. It flew into my ice cream sundae as I was pouring on the caramel sauce. Little bug got caught in my teeth. Gag.
- I don't write or blog much during the day because my kids are my top priority.
- Do you guys seriously even care that I am writing this stuff?
- At age 21, I jumped on a Greyhound bus and chased my boyfriend across the country to marry him. Parents were less than thrilled.
- What I want out of life=Joy. What I've discovered=you can't know joy without sorrow.
- I am a cub scout den leader. And I LOVE it!
- My religion comes before my writing.
Thanks, A L Sonnichsen, for asking! :)
Share ten honest things (Suzette)
- It took me a long time to like blogging – and now it is the brightest part of my day.
- I have a hard time keeping my feet on the ground when I’m sitting. Even at the dinner table, one foot is always up on a chair. (Erm... unless I'm wearing a skirt! And I do behave at restaurants.)
- Guilty pleasure – dark chocolate and a good book. Every time hubby is out of town.
- I have lived through so many difficult things IRL that most days I feel 80 at heart.
- Speaking of age, old ladies make the bestest of friends. So do writers.
- I used to garden, build stone walls, sew a lot, write letters, etc. And then I started writing books. Besides my family, writing is my only priority. (Which usually means a messy house!)
- Bethany and I have identical voices. On the phone, no one can tell us apart.
- As a teen, I sawed a hole through the floor (under the carpet) to stash my journals. When my parents took the journals anyway, I stole them back and burned them.
- Favorite scents, fresh rain and babies’ hair.
- No matter how tired I am, I stay up until midnight or I feel gypped. The one night I made myself go to bed at 11, I missed a meteor that lit up my state as bright as day. (Still bummed about that!)
Thanks, Sharnon Mayhew, for asking! :)
Happy March, everyone!