Thanks for all your fun guesses! Ready to be shocked?
- I own seven dogs, all of them Mexican Hairless. False. I own two dogs, both of them Welsh Pembroke Corgis.
- My children call me SuperMom… because they are grounded if they don’t. False. Alas, I am not a supermom, just a regular one.
- Every month I go bungee jumping, to remember what it feels like to be young and carefree. False. The last time I went bungee jumping I was 22 and I puked off the top of the tower. No more bungee!
- When I was two, I climbed a ladder and got stuck on the roof. My pregnant mother had to rescue me. False, although I can see why this one seems true...it did happen to a friend's little brother and mother. (Is it cheating for me to use someone else's truth?)
- I get a perm every month to keep that curly look. False. The curls are natural - and a bit wacky most days!
- I was once playing in an abandoned car. Opened up the glove compartment to find a rattlesnake! False...for me. Though this did happen to my husband when he was 7.
Which leaves the truth, and to be honest, I am a bit nervous that you will all think I am wacko! So let me just preface this by saying I am a very fact-based both-feet-on-the-ground kind of gal. Which is why what happened is so odd...
I once stayed in the Copper King B&B. I was blessed by a long-dead nun.
While driving across Montana my friend Lesley and I stopped for a single night at the Copper King Bed & Breakfast. We were told the 35-room mansion had been built by one of the richest men in the world.
Lesley and I slept in the same room and she went right to sleep...but as I dozed off, I felt a cold, thin finger trace the shape of a cross on my forehead. I snapped awake, stunned, turned on the light to see...Lesley sleeping and an empty room. I left the light on, started dozing off, and then it happened again. Woke Lesley up, told her about it, she went back to sleep and soon so did I, only to have it happen again. All told, it happened about six times that night.
Now, I am not Catholic, but I do know what the sign of the cross on the forehead looks like when it is done... so in the morning I told Lesley it had happened throughout the night, and I also told her the finger felt thin, and therefore feminine. She laughed, said I had a wild imagination.
After breakfast the owner gave us a tour of the house. She was telling us about the Copper King and his family when I interrupted her. "Did this house ever have anything to do with the Catholic Church? Maybe nuns or priests or something?"
Her mouth fell open. She looked at me very strangely. Then said, "After the family died, the house was given to the Catholic Church. It became a nunnery."
Lesley and I stared at each other wide-eyed. We finished the tour in silence, and I never told the owner, whose family has owned the mansion for four generations. I hope someday to go back again, though I don't think I will spend the night!
So now you know! This writer was once touched by a ghost, or something of the sort! (As I'm not a big believer in the phantasmagorical, do you think it could have been a fold in time? Maybe the nun was perturbed to find me in her bed!)
Is anyone familiar with the symbol of the cross on the forehead? Do you think I was being baptized, or *gulp* given the death rites?
Have you ever been touched by an angel? Ghost? Nun? (lol!)