So many questions, so little time. And time is precious. I won't take much--will answer only one of the above questions (five times).
Who I want to meet this decade
(in my wildest dreams, obviously!)
by Bethany Wiggins.
1. Intellectual: Alexei Filippenko, Professor of Astronomy, Berkley. Al, I want to know the secrets of the Solar System, Galaxy, Universe, etc. Is there other life out there?
2. Actor: Christian Bale. Chris, I loved you way back when (anyone remember "Newsies"?). Mind giving me a recap of the past twenty years of your life?
3. Author: Robin McKinley. This woman introduced me to new worlds and inspired my imagination as a young adult. And it has never stopped growing. Love you, Robin!
4. Musician: Moby. Dude, you don't eat meat so if you want to hang out for a chat, I'll do vegan for a day. But where do you get the inspiration to write music that inspires entire novels?
5. Other: Marlene Stringer. Oh, how I'd love to sit down with her for an hour and pick her brain--learn everything I can about the publishing industry and what's hot now! (I suppose I could just email and ask, but in person would rock!)
So... Who do you want to meet? What amazing feats are you going to accomplish? What are you NOT going to do this decade? (I'm not going to query for the first time in five years, but since I already answered the above question, I won't tell you that!)
Please, feel free to share.