Sunday, March 14, 2010

Muchas Gracias!

Thanks to all who entered our Fantabulous Followers contest. The contest is now officially closed. We are thrilled to meet new friends and look forward to following your blogs and getting to know you all! And we will definitely be having more contests. We'll be announcing the winners tomorrow afternoon, but in the meantime we'll answer some of your questions about us:

Suzette - Six Lies...Can You Spot the Single Truth?
  1. I own seven dogs, all of them Mexican Hairless.
  2. My children call me SuperMom… because they are grounded if they don’t.
  3. I once stayed in the Copper King B&B. I was blessed by a long-dead nun.
  4. Every month I go bungee jumping, to remember what it feels like to be young and carefree.
  5. When I was two, I climbed a ladder and got stuck on the roof. My pregnant mother had to rescue me.
  6. I get a perm every month to keep that curly look.
  7. I was once playing in an abandoned car. Opened up the glove compartment to find a rattlesnake!
(Thanks, Cheree at Justified Lunacy, for the fun activity and the Creative Blogger Award!)

Bethany - 7 Facts About Me
  1. Hair=blonde
  2. Eyes=green
  3. Children=3
  4. Some favorite older books=Jacob Have I Loved, The Hero and the Crown, The Changeling Sea, Dune, The Book of Morgaine, The Great Gatsby, Tess of the D'Urbervilles.
  5. Some favorite newer books=Catching Fire, The Forest of Hands and Teeth, Shiver, Twisted.
  6. No TV=No Project Runway=sad.
  7. When I have writers block, I stare at the plant on my desk.
(Thanks, Jemi Fraser, for the Picasso Award associated with these questions!)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished The Hero and the Crown and LOVED it. I can't believe it's been around so long and I didn't know about it.

Jessica Bell said...

Suzette, let me guess ... out of 5 and 7 ... I choose 5! :)

Brenda St John Brown said...

Suzette -- As someone who permed her way through high school, I'm thinking a monthly perm just can't be true. Although maybe perms have improved a lot over the last 20 years?

Stina said...

#7 is my worse nightmare. I'm also going with #5.

Unknown said...

I'm going with #5... seems rather specific :)

Slamdunk said...

Congrats on the awards. I think the rattler hiding in the car sounds reasonable.

Bish Denham said...

A perm a month? Bungee jumping once a month? I'm torn. But I think I'll go with #6. I think if you permed at often you'd be bald!

About Me said...

I've always wanted to try bungee jumping, but a jump a month? Fantastic!

Lisa K. said...

I almost bought The Forest of Hands and Teeth yesterday. Just the title alone made me want it. But then I remembered the pile of books I just bought a week ago and knew it would have to wait for a little while. *sigh*

Kayeleen Hamblin said...

I love all your old book favorites, especially The Hero and The Crown. Robin McKinley was part of my inspiration to write.

I guess #7 is true. (Rattlesnakes turn up in funny places.)

Carolyn V. said...

Suzette - I'm going with #5 (although #2 made me laugh).

Bethany - Okay, I'm going to have to read The Forest of Hands and Teeth. I keep hearing about it everywhere! =)

M.R.J. Le Blanc said...

Yeah, I'm going with #5 too. But I'll laugh if we're all wrong (and if it is true, your poor mom!)

And Bethany, thank you for growing my reading list by a few books. Some of those titles have me intrigued!

feywriter said...

Bethany - The Hero and the Crown was my introduction to fantasy, and a big reason why I write it today.

Suzette - I'm going with #5. That or 1 or 7. I had some perms growing up. It was hard getting them to stick in my fine hair, and never lasted long.

Angie said...

Ha, ha Suzette. I know which one is true! (I won't give it away, though.) Love you!

Conda Douglas said...

I'm going with #2 or maybe 7...let us know.

Jemi Fraser said...

I'll guess #5 - but I'm almost always wrong :)

I loved Catching Fire - just finished it - awesome book!

Janet Johnson said...

Suzette, I choose #5 as the truth.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Hmmm, I think I'm going to go with #5 as truth and #5 favorite newer books - great titles! :-)

Suzette Saxton said...

Thanks for your guesses! Can't wait to reveal the truth. >:-)

Assigning entry numbers to everyone is taking longer than I thought, so the post will go up sometime this afternoon... and I will reveal the truth! ;)

Jackee said...

I'll go with the crowd and choose #5 too!

It's was great getting to know you ladies.

(And I think I forgot to tell you that I had the Ninja Master award for you two last week. Oops. Sorry! But it's still there, at least.)