Friday, December 26, 2008

Welcome to the very first post on my very new blog!

A number of years ago as I stood gazing skyward in Goblin Valley, a large meteor rocketed through the layers of the earth's atmosphere, changing colors as it went, burning more and more brightly as it fell. It seemed to land not far from me, just a few short mountains and valleys away. My first instinct was to run out into the desert and chase it down. Had it caused a crater? Was there anything left of the star?

I've named this blog Shooting Stars in honor of the dreams we all pursue. As we hold them aloft we see their bright potential. When they become reality we want to know the impact they have on others here on earth.

Cheers; to dreams, and to the great potential we all carry within us.

~Suzette~

13 comments:

Carolyn Kaufman | @CMKaufman said...

Yay, you are on your way now as a pro blogger! :-D Welcome to the madness!

H. L. Dyer said...

It's about time! I've been jonesing for some blog posts from you!

Elana Johnson said...

Yay Suz! You've entered the realm of blogging. You're never going to be the same again... :)

H. L. Dyer said...

I R testing!

Anonymous said...

The add is there in place of the rock formations.

Anonymous said...

Testing wordpress identity.

J.N. Future Author said...

^.^ hehe, now I can pester you all I want! nah, I would never do that!

but truly, welcome to the world of blogging!

(you got lucky, you already have a huge group of people that are interested in you and your career!)

Brian said...

Welcome to the the World of Blogger!!! I found out about you from J.N. Future Authors blog. Nice to meet you.

Angie said...

Love your blog!

Angie said...

I love this post! And you.

Brian said...

Welcome to Blogger!

J.N. Future Author said...

hmmm, did my last post never register? it would make me feel bad if I thought you thought that I was indecent enough to not say anything!

^.^ only a week till school!

Anonymous said...

I love Goblin Valley.