Thursday, April 28, 2011

I'm Back! And a Bit About Indecisiveness


Hello fellow bloggers/blog readers! I must apologize for the lack of blogging this month. Me and mine have had a difficult month (for a hint at our hardships, see the chicken). But now that we are all healthy again, it seems like the sun is shining a little brighter, the flowers are blooming, and the weather has turned warm. Then again, it could be that spring arrived while we were quarantined to our house!

Anyhow, on to writing stuff. So, my 2-year-old has a new favorite movie. She's watched it about 500 times this month (not much else to do while your sick!). And we've all memorized the songs.

Can I hear a woo-hoo for Disney's Tangled!!!?

Anyhow, we were watching the extras on the Tangled disc and you know what?

The movie had three different beginnings before they finally decided which one was the best! Sound a little indecisive?

This indecisiveness totally sounds like me! But it is typically my endings that get changed. My point is, nothing you write is set in stone (unless it is being published and by then, it will be perfect). So embrace change--Disney does, after all, and they've been in the story-telling business for a looooooong time! Think of different endings/beginnings and don't be afraid to write more than one! Sometimes the best comes after the story is written.

And just so you know . . . It is GREAT to be back!

13 comments:

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Yes! I think it is SO IMPORTANT but SO DIFFICULT to stay open to new possibilities for our stories. :-)

I'm glad your family is feeling better.

Kayeleen Hamblin said...

Welcome back, Bethany! Glad you finally got past the chicken pox. I hope everything else is going well.

Stephanie McGee said...

Glad everyone's feeling better!

Tere Kirkland said...

Glad you're back and better, Bethany!

I just wrote what is probably the seventh opening to my novel, but I think this one is finally the right one.

Indecisive should be my middle name. :P

PS, word verification is rewri. Figures, my whole life is revolving around rewrites right now. Maybe this is a sign I shouldn't be blogging right now! Eep!

Stephanie said...

LOVE Tangled! We can finally watch it at home..the Easter Bunny brought it! :) Always interesting when movies have alternative endings...never heard of alternate beginnings though!! :) Very cool!!

Angie said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you are all feeling better. We love Tangled around here too. Such a cute movie. And I hear you on the indecisiveness!

Jo Schaffer said...

Glad the pox is no longer on ya.

(= I'm always rewriting the first chapter... it's too important to be mediocre. (=

Hope you and that newish baby are doing well. (=

amberargyle said...

LOVED Tangled. I've gotta buy it for the kids.

B.J. Anderson said...

I'm so glad you guys are feeling better!! And Tangled is wonderful, isn't it?!

celticqueen said...

oh no!!!! dang chicken pox! I hope everyone is on the mend :) And loooove Tangled. My new favorite Disney flick. I have problems with my beginnings. I'll spend more time rewriting the beginning than writing the whole rest of the book put together :D

Ah well...as long as I get it right :D

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

Oh, I'm so sorry your kids have been sick. Horrible! But Tangled is what I'd watch 500 times if I had to have chicken pox again. Such a fun movie.

And I am not exaggerating when I say I rewrote my WiP's first chapter at least 30 times. Talk about indecisive!

Amy

Slamdunk said...

Welcome back and glad you are feeling better.

Caleb said...

Tangled is the best!