Thursday, February 5, 2009

This one's for you, Jacoby

A good friend of mine has let it be known (through the grapevine) that I don't post in this blog often enough. He's right, of course. I am nearing the completion of an addition on our home that will nearly double our living space. I would have sooooo loved to be able to write today, but spent my time learning how to router baseboards, which comes with its own sense of accomplishment.

The good news is, while I have no time to read books, I've had plenty of time to listen to them. I'm a new fan of Jodi Piccoult.

My Sister's Keeper My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
A hard read emotionally, but oh so worth it! The ending was a surprise within a surprise!


View all my reviews.

8 comments:

Emily Cross said...

The ending was such a shock! BTW thank you for the add, i hope the information is helpful.

I thought i'd let you know that i've created a forum to coincide with the blog

http://thewriterschronicle.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Basically its a forum where writers can come and discuss their yays and woes, share advice or discuss the publishing world. I'd love it if you could drop in and have a look (it was only set up yesterday) and maybe let your friends know if they're interested.

thanks

emily

Unknown said...

Oh, I LOVED this book! Right up to the end. I was shocked...but in the author notes, she mentioned why she concluded the novel the way she did, and I understand. I love that she made that terrible decision with her characters. So brilliant.

J.N. Future Author said...

does the grapevine has some really awesome hair?

I don't mean to bother you! I forgot that you are still doing renovations and additions to your house! I bet its been more dificult since winter....

maybe we should go up there sometime and help out!

J.N. Future Author said...

oh, also, the title of the post was a complete shock when I saw it! a good shock ^.^

and by 'we' I mean my bro's and I ^.^

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I love emotional reads! Good to see you here on your blog. :)

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

I tried one of her other books and couldn't get in to and didn't even finish it. Maybe I'll have to give her another try with this one. Thanks for the review!

J.R. Johansson said...

I haven't read this one, but I've read Nineteen Minutes. I loved it. It was just heart-wrenching.

Suzette Saxton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.