That's right. My book is released today!!! So to celebrate I'll tell you five interesting but totally random facts about the journey that led me to today.
1. After I wrote this book I was at a neighbor's Christmas party when a guest pulled me aside and told me about his face-to-face run in with a skinwalker. This was a grown man. And he was TERRIFIED! He trembled as he told me about the skinwalker chasing his car. :/
2. My author photo was taken on Friday the 13th. I was six weeks pregnant.
3. Shortly after I completed the first draft of SHIFTING, I moved. All of my NEW neighbors have the same names as the characters in my book--and they aren't typical names! (Danni, Penney, Bonny, Jenkins, Connoly--okay, the name in the book is O'Connell but it's close). My PUBLISHER even has the same name--almost--as my neighbor: Emily Easton (publisher) vs. Emily Eaton. Hmmm. Sort of freaky.
4. I lived in Silver City, New Mexico, where SHIFTING takes place. I never saw any skinwalkers there. Tarantulas, on the other hand . . .
5. The girl on the cover of SHIFTING IS NOT ME AS A TEENAGER! She resembles me slightly. All of my neighbors ask if this was done on purpose. No! The people who made my book cover have never met me! It is a coincidence!
Thanks for all of your support, everyone! I can't believe this day is here.
Oh, and if you want to buy my book, click here.
If you want to order a signed copy of SHIFTING from my local bookstore, call this number: 435-789-4742
And tell me, do you think skinwalkers really exist?